Saturday, April 27, 2013

The weather has been so up and down lately. The poor plants don't know what to do. Some of my small shrubs budded out and looked really good. Then "dogwood" winter came and now their leaves are brown and dead. I am hoping they come back out. 
It warmed up some and the trees exploded. Green everywhere.

Now it is cold again and I am hoping this is "blackberry" winter.  I have a greehouse full of plants that need to go in the ground. So we wait for the weather to even out.
It will be a while before that happens. It rains and then before the ground dries out enough to disk the garden, it rains again. It may be June before we can get in there to plant, AARRGGHHHHH!!!!

Here are some of the things that have made it so far.

Romaine lettuce

Blueberry bush

Fig   
  I discovered figs last year at friends garden and fell in love with them. I ordered this "brown turkey" fig tree online. It is the hardiest of the figs so far. It will live outside this summer and fall and then spend the winter in the greenhouse. I can hardly wait for the figs.

No comments:

Post a Comment