Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sugar Snap Peas

My Greenhouse is full

Peppers & Tomatoes

Tomatoes 

Cucumbers & herbs

Spaghetti Squash

Dwarf Kale

Bing Cherry tree

Lettuce

Growing celery from the cutoff end

Strawberry

Green onions

My Walmart $9.00 Magnolia

Bleeding hearts

Wake Robin

Lily of the Valley

Hostas
I can hardly wait to get the vegetables in the ground. I have way too many but my ambitions  were bigger than the space I had when planting the seeds. I guess friends and family will have to take some of them.
I am growing most of my vegetable from Heirloom and Organic seed.

I am trying to get the GMO crap out of our food. If you don't know what GMOs are you should really research it. It is genetically modified organisms. They are in the seed that have had DNA from other plants, animals and bacteria inserted in to them, to make them withstand the chemical glysophate used in Roundup. This kills the weeds, good bugs, honey bees, butterflies, birds and anything else that comes in contact with it. The weeds are becoming resistant to roundup and so they have to spray the crops several times. This goes into the ground and kills everything good in the soil and it runs off into our streams, rivers and eventually the ocean, killing everything in its path.

Organic farmers do not use ANY pesticide or herbicide when growing their crops. Money is NOT their bottom line. It is about growing healthy food for people and keeping us strong and healthy. If you have space for even a pot, grow something edible in it. most everything can be grown in pots or small spaces. It's your life, why not make it a long and healthy one?

No comments:

Post a Comment