Tuesday, September 15, 2009



Poke berries. These are the fruit of the poke salad plant. It grows in fence rows, log piles, out your backdoor if a seed is dropped. My mom used the juice from these as ink, to write with when she was growing up. I think the berries would make a good dye for cloth or yarn. I am going to use it diluted, along with some other of nature's gifts to paint with, kinda like watercolor.

My Mr. Bumble Bee. I just love this insect.

Garlic chives. Very tasty garnish and can be added to stir fry.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. I used to have poke berries growing outside my back door. Never knew what they were before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bobbie.
    I love the berries and so do the birds.
    I used to pick the greens in early spring bu not anymore.

    ReplyDelete