Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1, 2009


These are called 'Walking onions".
They are fun for kids to grow.



When they start to make "heads" they begin to
look like something from the sea.




As the heads mature the little bulblets start to
take shape.




This shows the individual bulbs that you can plant
or put in your favorite dishes like you would garlic or onions. They are very delicious.



Today was a very pleasant day. I was inside most of the day. I really wanted to be out in the gardens, weeding and watering. I had too many meetings to gt out much.

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of these - must try & get some if available in Australia. Your garden looks & sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll mail you some if you email me your address.
    MY EMAIL IS shirleymarrs@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete